WHAT IS NDT? WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES?
- March 23, 2021
- Posted by: Vibha Jain
- Category: Skill Development
NDT STAND FOR Non-destructive testing. Non-destructive testing is the testing of an object to check in the inner cracks, faults and depressions without actually causing destruction.
The most common non-destructive testing techniques used in industry are Magnet Particle Testing, Liquid Penetrant testing, Radiographic Testing & Ultrasonic Testing.
Expensive structures such as steel beam bridges, ships, submarines, double decker-trains, bridges, pipelines, pressure vessels require regular testing to ensure that cracks do not grow to a size that threatens the safe operation of the structure.
Non- destructive testing itself is self-explanatory implying that the inspection is done without any damage to the structure, without any breakage of the structure, without any opening or any escrowing of the structure.
Non-destructive testing helps in keeping the track of the life of the structure. This means structures with defects can be changed or altered before more time and energy is wasted on their maintenance and can be carried out to ensure they are structurally safe to use.
Choosing NDT Specialization will be a Good Option for the Students?
Definitely opting NDT Specialisation will be a good option for all the Mechanical engineers because the vast scope it covers and the industrial sector is too huge.
- A true mechanical engineer always asks for core work.
- Basically, mechanical engineers do have more working capabilities & easily learning machinery skills in them so NDT is all about detecting flaws in machine. Choosing NDT is one of the good options after pursuing Mechanical Engineering.
- So, a clever mechanical engineer chooses to opt NDT as a start up in order to get expertise in core field as well as where he can perform the work in most possible ways considering the measure of the quality of the work.
- Plenty of NDT jobs in India are waiting to grab the expertise NDT technicians. The services or add on they provide for the NDT technicians in India is so satisfying.
- The way an industrial company accommodates the NDT technician at the time of NDT placements is so worth a while.
- The various job profiles that a certified NDT course broadens is:-
- MULTI NDT Technician
- Mechanical QC Inspector
- QA/QC Engineer
- NDT Engineer
- Inspection Engineer
- Quality Engineer
- Heat Treatment supervisor
- Welding Inspector
- Quality Inspector
Still worried about the scope of job opportunities after specializing in NDT?
Enroll Course Now:-https://textandclicks.com/product/non-destructive-testing-asnt-level-2/